Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Advanced Techniques: Fill & Balance

I went to Benton Elementary to photograph the High Steppers for my color correction assignment. When I found out the rehearsal was moved outdoors on the basketball court I decided to try some fill flash. I shot most of my take in natural light but I wish I had tried a few more with strobe.  The intensity of these kids was apparent the second rehearsal started. I am excited to work with them more and see where it goes.


La'Rue Martin and Decarlo Flarris drum at the High Steppers rehearsal on March 15 outside Benton Elementary. The group of dancers and musicians range in ages 8 to 12 and come from all over Mid-Missouri.




Fill lighting diagram:







I did my balance portion Ernie's Cafe & Steakhouse to do the balance portion.  The strobe was bounced off the ceiling above the table.



Balance lighting diagram:



No comments:

Post a Comment